Negative One Celebrates Ten Years
Congratulations to the winners of the TEN-YEAR CONTEST!
See below for the contest's options and the fun quiz. Entries are now closed, though if you send fanart or interview questions or take the quiz I will certainly enjoy them and post them/grade them. Thanks to everyone who participated! (Drawing was random, but entrants could increase their chances of winning by participating in multiple options!)
First Prize goes to CLOVER-ELF.
Second Prize goes to MEGHAN.
Third Prize goes to REENY.
Fanart from Reeny
Stuffed chibi Weaver head from Kari
- 1 mailed gift from Reeny
- 7 quiz entries (no one got a perfect score; highest was 9 out of 10)
- 6 comments
- 4 new interview questions from Mike (with questions sent to Alix, Meri Lin, and Theresa.)Thanks for participating!
Archived contest instructions:
Negative One began on May 20, 2005, kicking it off with Meri Lin's pregnancy storyline and Adele's angsting about her upcoming departure. The art has evolved a little; the story has escalated and wandered and intersected itself; and the cast has grown; however, every Friday, one thing's been the same: a new issue posted right on schedule, and I've never missed a week or been late. What a weird, long road it's been, eh?
To thank you folks for reading, I am holding a contest.
|To give everyone some time to prepare entries, the contest will be open through the end of June.|
First prize will get your choice of one:
- a $40 gift certificate to Amazon (or an online retailer of your choice)
- a Negative One shirt from Cafepress
- a large-size piece of Negative One art in color.
Second prize will get your choice of one:
- a $20 gift certificate to Amazon (or an online retailer of your choice)
- a Negative One tote bag or coffee mug
- a medium-size piece of Negative One art in grayscale/black and white.
Third prize will get your choice of one:
- a $10 gift certificate to Amazon (or an online retailer of your choice)
- a Negative One tile coaster or mousepad
- a set of Negative One stickers (set of three in the color gallery).
I'll discuss the art, swag, or retailer choice with the winners when they're announced on July 3.
SO HOW DO YOU ENTER?
Oh, I'm glad you asked. There are five ways to do so! And you can do one of them, some of them, or all of them! Each participation option earns you entries in the contest, so most people will be entering multiple times. At the end of the contest, I will draw names out of a hat randomly for my first, second, and third prize winner. Obviously the more entries you have, the more chances you have to win. If you're entering in multiple ways, please make sure you use the same handle or name to enter or I will have trouble keeping track of you.
- Option 1: Take THE QUIZ. It is a ten-question quiz and is NEW for this contest. Every right answer earns you ONE entry. You get a bonus FIVE ENTRIES if you get them ALL right (so, perfect score will earn you a MAX OF FIFTEEN ENTRIES).
- Option 2: Contribute something digital for my FANART GALLERY or my FANFICTION LIBRARY! (Please do not contribute anything with lewd themes beyond the level displayed in the comic itself, or of course anything hateful.) Contributions to either the gallery or the library will earn you FIFTEEN ENTRIES each. The limit for the contest is two pieces of fanart and two pieces of fanfiction, though anyone can submit either of these anytime. Contributions will be displayed in the appropriate collection AND on the 10-year celebration page. All submissions should be attached to e-mails and sent to me at email@example.com.
- Option 3: Send me a celebratory gift or card in the mail! I'm including this option because for my five-year celebration people did it without me asking; I got a houseplant and a Negative One–themed hat. You can send me a postcard, a greeting card, or a physical object you think I'll like (associated with the comic or not; it's up to you). Cards and congrats will earn you TEN ENTRIES and my eternal thanks. Other items, depending on what they are, will be "graded" accordingly. I have some weird readers so I don't want to underestimate them. Physical greetings and items can be sent to PO Box 272595, Tampa, FL 33688--or if you're a local friend and you know where I live, you can use my home address.
- Option 4: Submit questions for the characters to answer. I've done this for previous contests and everyone has fun with it. The "character interviews" are always open, but during the contest I will award you TWO ENTRIES for every question you send to a character. Your questions and their answers will be displayed on the interviews page. There is a limit of 20 questions for the contest, though all questions will be answered if you go above that.
- Option 5: Send comments. From now through June 30, I will handle every comment on a comic as ONE entry in the contest. This is your chance to revisit your favorite comics (er, if you have any) and tell me what you think. As long as the comment is clearly relevant and not vulgar, it can be as brief as you like. The story synopses page can help you figure out which comics are which if you want to comment on an older one that you particularly liked, or you can just be random about it. If you have already commented on an issue, though, please don't comment on it again unless you do have something new to say.
Thanks so much for participating in my ten-year anniversary. Sorry for any delays in responding to submissions/questions and for the long submission window; I'll be traveling out of the state and out of the country TWICE during May and June (book events and conferences, y'all!), and I don't wanna get too frazzled! Contact swankivy with any questions or requests.
Want to see other milestone-related stuff?
Negative One celebrates 5 years
Negative One celebrates 200 issues
Negative One celebrates 3 years
Quiz to celebrate the 100th episode
Contests Main Page
Back to Negative One